kanamycin

dimtry at BSCR.UGA.EDU dimtry at BSCR.UGA.EDU
Sat Mar 18 18:32:30 EST 1995

Dear netters
I am having problems with kan selection, namely progeny of plants
which were originally selected on kan do not survive selection (I germinated
on Kan-50 B5 plates) or give VERY low proportion of kan-resistant plants.
That forces me to do PCR testing (which confirms that plants not survivng
selection are in fact transgenic). Silencing is not likely, as plants do
express reporter construct. Did anyone have a similar experience?
Could kanamycin stock contain toxic contaminants? What suppliers are recommended?
Thanks
Dima Belostotsky