Please post on network

Sarah Grant sgrant at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Mon Mar 20 09:43:18 EST 1995

POSTDOCTORAL POSITION
Position available after July 1 in the Biology Department, University of
North Carolina, Chapel Hill in the laboratory of Dr. Sarah Grant. We are
moving from Cologne Germany to The Biology Department at UNC Chapel Hill
this summer where we will initiate a research project to study the
molecular mechanisms of gene silencing in higher plants. The project is
concerned with the analysis of the egs1 mutation in Arabidopsis (Dehio and
Schell, 1994, PNAS, 91: 5538-5542) and the mechanism through which it
enhances the epigenetic silencing of a RolB transgene. It will involve the
map-based cloning of the egs1 gene and characterization of its effects on
expression of RolB and other genes. Applicants must have a Ph.D. with
experience in molecular biology and genetics. Experience with Arabidopsis
is also desirable. Send Curriculum Vitae, summary of research experience
and names and addresses of three references to Dr. Sarah Grant,
Max-Planck-Institut fuer Zuechtungsforschung, Carl-von-Linne Weg 10,
D-50829, Federal Republic of Germany; Email: sgrant.mpiz-koeln.mpg.de.
The University of North Carolina is an equal opportunity / affirmative
action employer

Sarah Grant
Max-Planck-institute fuer Zuechtungsforchung
Carl-von-Linne Weg 10
D-50829, Germany