Swiss science

Yves.Poirier at ibpv.unil.ch Yves.Poirier at ibpv.unil.ch
Wed Mar 29 14:31:31 EST 1995

There is a postdoctoral position available in my laboratory at the
University of Lausanne. I would appreciate if this ad could be brought to
the attention of potential candidates.

Postdoctoral Position
Institute of Plant Biology and Physiology
University of Lausanne, Switzerland

A postdoctoral position is available to study the function of two novel
solute transporters recently cloned in Arabidopsis. These proteins are
homologous to animal sodium-phosphate cotransporters and have 12 putative
membrane spanning domains, implicating their role in ion transport in
plant. The project involves the use of immunocytochemical localization,
mRNA in situ hybridization, and expression of transporters in transgenic
plants and heterologous systems, such as yeast and Xenopus oocytes.
Applicants with experience in microscopy and molecular biology are
encouraged to apply. This position is funded for three years by the Swiss
National Fund for Scientific Research. Applicants should send a letter
stating their research interests and experience, curriculum vitae, and the
name of three references to: Dr. Yves Poirier, Institute of Plant Biology
and Physiology, Biology Building, University of Lausanne, CH-1015 Lausanne,
Switzerland. Fax: (21) 692-4222; Email: YPoirier at ulys.unil.ch.