inclusions from pET vector expresion

Vitaly Citovsky vcitovsk at adam.cc.sunysb.edu
Tue May 9 12:26:53 EST 1995

In article <hraaxl.6.000AFBF8 at marc.cri.nz>, hraaxl at marc.cri.nz wrote:

> Dear protein expression in bugs sufferers
>
> I'm after ideas. We have a viral non-structural protein expressed nicely
using
> a pET vector. Problem is we get quite variable lysis of the bugs. I'll give
> some details of the way we do the expression and if anyone has improvements
> I'd love to hear about it.
>
>...>

> Tony Lough
> HortResearch
> Mt Albert Research Centre
> Auckland, NZ
I have developed several protocols for purification and solubilization of proteins from inclusion bodies following over-experssion from pET3 vectors. They work very well for me. You can find them in my papers PNAS 86, 1193, Cell 60, 637, and PNAS 88, 2476. Good luck.

Vitaly Citovsky
Department of Biochemsitry and Cell Biology
State University of New York
Stony Brook, NY 11794-5215
Tel.: 516-632-9534, fax: 516-632-8575
Internet: vcitovsk at adam.cc.sunysb.edu