stomatal project for sale

kearns at MIT.EDU kearns at MIT.EDU
Mon May 22 11:45:26 EST 1995

Hello,

I have a project on Arabidopsis mutants in stomatal response to low CO2. I am
working on EMS-, gamma-, and T-DNA-induced mutants and putative mutants. The
project received higest priority for funding from NASA/NSF, but has not been
funded due to budget constraints. My postdoctoral advisor is allowing me to
take the entire project to another lab. I plan to apply for the next round of
NIH Postdoctoral Fellowships, but I will need a salary and health insurance
until I can find another grant or faculty position. If I can not do this
within one year, I will go to medical school.

I am currently funded by a 2 year USDA-NRICGP Postdoctoral Fellowship, which
ends 7/31/95 with a no-salary extension to 9/30/95.

Most recently, I gave a short talk at the FEBS Advanced Course on Single Cell
Techniques in Signal Transduction Research.

Refs and CV will be sent to any interested lab. I think my best shot for the
NIH proposal would be a lab doing research on stomata with some molecular
biology in the lab.

Thank you,

Ellen Kearns
68-611