post doc

Vance Baird Vance_Baird at QUICKMAIL.CLEMSON.EDU
Tue May 23 20:00:14 EST 1995

                       Subject:                               Time:8:11 PM
  OFFICE MEMO          post doc                               Date:5/23/95

Dear Colleagues,
I have available a position, starting August 1st, for a postdoctoral fellow
(you actually get called Asst. Prof./Research Assoc. around here).  The work
is funded through the USDA-Weed Science panel, and it involves characterizing
the biochemical and molecular aspects of dinitroaniline herbicide resistance
in goosegrass (that's right, goosegrass -- Eleusine indica).  The position is
for two years, with possible renewal for a third.  I am looking for someone
with solid education and training in standard methods of molecualr biology
(and/or protein biochemistry) such as cDNA library construction, 5'- and
3'-RACE, cloning, sequencing, the various blotting techniques, 1D & 2D-PAGE,
etc.  The pay is at standard USDA levels and commensurate with experience.

If you, or someone you know, are interested, I'll be happy to forward other
pertinent information about the position, the facilities, the University, the
local environs, etc.  Please contact me by e-mail or at:

Vance Baird
Horticulture Department
Poole Center
Box 340375