Green Fluorescent Protein splice site

Vitaly Citovsky vcitovsk at adam.cc.sunysb.edu
Thu May 25 13:54:34 EST 1995

In article <n1410714601.70500 at agcs.cas.psu.edu>,
mark_guiltinan at AGCS.CAS.PSU.EDU ("Mark Guiltinan") wrote:

>       The current GFP constructs available to us have the now famous "cryptic
> splice site"  which interferes with expression in Arabidopsis according to the
> "word on the street".  In our own experiments, it dosn't seem to work well in
> tobacco plants either.
>
>      Are there any constructs available with mutated splice sites for plant
> expression studies?  Does anyone have the sequence of the splice site and/or
> know of the mutation needed to eliminate it

Jim Haseloff at MRC has a construct which he very kindly gives away. His
email is jph at MRC-LMB.Cam.AC.UK and the name of the construct is
pBIN35S-mGFP4. However, Davis Smith from Nina Fedoroff's lab just told me
that in their lab even the wt GFP works OK in Arab.
Good luck.
Vitaly Citovsky
Department of Biochemsitry and Cell Biology
State University of New York
Stony Brook, NY 11794-5215
Tel.: 516-632-9534, fax: 516-632-8575
Internet: vcitovsk at adam.cc.sunysb.edu