Silique Development

Fei Yu yty at iastate.edu
Tue Nov 7 15:06:47 EST 1995

Dear Ara-Netter:

I am involved in a project to investigate gene expression during
Arabidopsis silique development.  I need to harvest silique at different
development stages.  We divided development stage by Days After
Pollination (DAP).  So I need to tag the flowering date of each silique.
I used colored threald to tag individual silique when it flowers.
However, this disturb Arabidopsis too much.  The bolttig shoots tangle
together and fall down, which make it impossible to harvest enough
silique.  And the siliques at different position (1st flower, 2nd,
3rd....) at same DAP look significantly different.  Does anyone have the
experience to harvest silique at different stage.  How do you tag the
individual flower?

There is a paper in Plant Cell, 1994 Nov.

Regulation of Gene Expression Program during Arabidopsis Seed
Development: Roles of hte ABI3 locus and of Endogenous Abscisic Acid
Francois Parcy,  Chrisitiane Valon, Monique Raynal, Pascale
Gaubier-Comella, Michel Delseny, and Jerome Giraudat.

If you know the e-mail address of any author above, please let me know.

Thank you very much

-------
Fei Yu
Botany Dept