Ecotype WS cDNA library

Stan Gelvin gelvin at BILBO.BIO.PURDUE.EDU
Wed Nov 8 12:03:28 EST 1995

Dear Weed-nerds,
        I am looking for a cDNA library made from ecotype WS.  We have been
investigating mutants from the Feldmann "tagged" WS library that are
resistant to getting crown gall disease (and other stable phenotypes such
as herbicide-resistance) and have a few putative hits.  We would like to
get the cDNAs.  It is very important that we use a WS cDNA library rather
than a library made from another ecotype, as we have found considerable
ecotype-variability in susceptibility to crown gall tumorigenesis.  We now
think that we have tagged genes involved in T-DNA integration, and want to
pursue this further.
        If any of you have such a library, or know where I can obtain one,
I would appreciate knowing.
        Thanks for your help.
        Stan Gelvin
Stan