vacuum infiltration

U6063168 at HERMES.UCS.UNIMELB.EDU.AU U6063168 at HERMES.UCS.UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Sun Nov 19 18:28:39 EST 1995

Dear Weeds lovers,

I would like to know what there is to know about "in plant" transformation
using vacuum infiltration, as I heard along the grape vine that this method
gives superior tranformation efficiencies.

I have the method that was posted to the bulletin board by Andrew Bent Jan 94.
Does anyone have any adjustments/refinements to this method.

1. What  efficiencies are people generally getting?

2. what Agro strains are best etc?

3. I would also like to know if anyone is using this technique in other plant
species especially tobacco (or is the method not suitable for bigger plants?)

any protocols greatfully accepted

I will summmarize/combine all the responses and post them on the net
for everyones enjoyment.

Carolyn Schultz

Clarke Lab
University of Melbourne