Genome Tracker - A Seed Stock Inventory Program

kim pruitt kpruitt at mailbox.syr.edu
Tue Nov 21 20:05:48 EST 1995

Dear Arabidopters,

I've had several inquiries about the Genome Tracker program and would
like to remind people that additional information is available at this e-mail
address.  The program is now available for both US and international use
and includes import capability should you wish to import data from a pre-
existing database (such as Filemaker Pro).

The Genome Tracker database program for the Macintosh user is designed
to help you organize your inventory of seed stocks and also helps manage
transformation, mutagenesis, and genetic experiments.  Some of the
information you can keep track of with this program includes: Stock
Number, Ecotype, Genotype, Generation and Type (i.e. mutategenized,
transgenic etc.), Self-fertilized vs. Cross-Fertilized, Age, Storage Location,
References, Source, Parents, Single Plant Seed Stock vs. Population, and
Comments.  The functions provided by the program, accessible through both
desktop buttons and menus, include: Find/Search, Sort, List, Print Report,
Find Parent, Draw Family Tree, and Draw Progeny Tree. The program
includes customizable pop-up menus to facilitate rapid standardized data
entry by multiple users.  We have provided a very useful "Fill In" button
which facilitates entering the parental information.  The Family Tree
drawing feature can be used to track the progress of multi-generational
genetic cross experiments.   The Progeny Tree drawing feature identifies all
the progeny of an individual (or population) and can be used to keep track of
individuals derived from a mutagenesis, transformation, or genetic
experiment.

This relational database program is easy to use and comes with an extensive
Users Manual.  In addition, we provide online technical support via e-mail.
The program is available in the US  for $199.00.  We accept purchase
orders, checks, and money orders.   If you wish to order a copy please send
the PO number to this e-mail address or to the address below.   If you'd like
more information request a demonstration copy or contact me at this e-mail
address.

Thank you,
Kim D. Pruitt

Salt City Software