(none)

Joe Kieber u63219 at UICVM.CC.UIC.EDU
Tue Nov 28 17:47:49 EST 1995

        A postdoctoral position is available in my lab to study hormone
action in Arabidopsis. The specific project depends in part on the skills
and interests of the successful candidate.  Possible areas include: 1)
Biochemical analysis of CTR1. This protein kinase was identified
genetically as a negative regulator of ethylene signal transduction (Kieber
et al, Cell 72: 427-441, 1993) and we are currently characterizing the
properties of this protein as well as proteins that interact with it; 2)
Characterization of mutants affected in the regulation of ethylene
biosynthesis. We have identified at least seven loci that overproduce
ethylene (10 to 200-fold) and are characterizing the genetics and
physiology of these mutants as well as attempting to clone the most
interesting genes; 3) Genetic analysis of cytokinin signal transduction. We
have developed a screen to identify cytokinin-insensitive mutants and are
characterizing several such mutants as well as searching for novel loci.

        The Laboratory for Molecular Biology is part of the Department of
Bioilogical Sciences and is located in a brand new research facility on the
campus of the University of Illinois @ Chicago close to downtown Chicago.

  Interested applicants should send a CV and 3 reference letters to:

    Joe Kieber
University of Illinois @ Chicago
Molecular Biology Research Facility
Lab for Molecular Biology (M/C 567)