GFP in plant roots?

Roger A. Aeschbacher AESCHBACHER at ubaclu.unibas.ch
Fri Sep 1 06:08:36 EST 1995

Dear netters,

Some time ago, I had tried to find out if somebody has transgenic
tobacco plants that show expression of green fluorescent protein in
the root cortex.
Unfortunately, I have obtained no positive replies so far. I would
like to use such a plant as a positive control in my experiments
on mycorrhization. I would like to test, if I can see a different
GFP pattern in mycorrhized and non-mycorrhized tissue. If anybody
would have a tobacco (e.g. maize would also be fine) that expresses
GFP in the root, I would be very interested in sharing this plant.
Thank you very much for your replies.

Yours sincerely

Roger Aeschbacher
Botanisches Institut Uni Basel