Technician's Position

Shauna Somerville SHAUNA at ANDREW.STANFORD.EDU
Wed Sep 6 14:14:17 EST 1995

RE: Technician's Position in the Area of Plant-Pathogen Interactions

A technician's position is available immediately in my lab. at the
Carnegie Institution at Stanford. The position is primarily a research
position on a project concerning the molecular basis of fungal disease
resistance in Arabidopsis and barley. The responsibilities include
tasks such as mapping disease resistance genes in Arabidopsis,
isolating DNA and RNA from plants, performing a variety of molecular
biology procedures (e.g., Southern and northern blotting, plasmid
constructions, PCR, etc.), and assisting with general management of
the laboratory, including safety training, ordering supplies and
supervising part-time lab. assistants. Applicants should have a
bachelor's degree in biological sciences with some experience with
molecular techniques and a theoretical understanding of such
techniques. The applicant should be able to design and execute
experiments independently, perform data analysis and interpret
results with minimal consultation. There is funding for one year at
present. Thus I am hoping to find someone who is finishing a
bachelor's degree and planning to work for about a year before going
to graduate school. If you know of someone who might be interested
in such a position, please have them contact me for full details.
Thank-you for your help.
Shauna Somerville
Department of Plant Biology,
Carnegie Institution of Washington,
290 Panama Street, Stanford, CA 94305
Phone:415-325-1521x257; Fax:415-325-6857