Postdoc Position

j.g.turner J.G.Turner at EAST-ANGLIA.AC.UK
Thu Sep 7 09:10:19 EST 1995

POSTDOCTORAL POSITION

Plant Molecular Biology

UEA, Norwich, UK.

Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position on a new project to
define and characterise novel genes in the jasmonate perception-response
pathway in Arabidopsis. The successful applicant will join an active group
working on related projects in Arabidopsis. These include projects on the
cloning and characterisation of COI1, a gene which controls response to
jasmonate, and on the molecular biology of the jasmonate response (Feys,
Benedetti, Penfold and Turner, 1994 Plant Cell 6:751-759; Benedetti, Xie and
Turner 1995 Plant Physiol. vol 109).

I am looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who is also a
good team-worker.

The successful candidate is likely to hold a PhD and have a sound background
in molecular genetics and a strong interest in the molecular biology of
plant gene expression.

The post is available immediately, and will be funded for three years by the
Biotechnology and Biological Research Council.

Salary is on the RA1A scale (pounds sterling) 14 317 to 21 519 per year,
depending on age and experience. Provision for consumables on the project is
(pounds sterling) 12 000 per year.

If you know someone who might be interested, please pass this information on.

To apply, send me by email, FAX or letter a detailed c.v. and the names and
addresses of two referees.

For further details contact me on: Tel (01603) 592192; FAX (01603) 592250;
 email j.g.turner at uea.ac.uk.

Additional information about Norwich, the Norwich Research Park, UEA and my
group is available through the WWW URL,  http://www.bio.uea.ac.uk

John G. Turner
School of Biological Sciences
University of East Anglia