ABRC news

Randall L Scholl rscholl at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
Fri Sep 15 13:43:17 EST 1995

Dear Arabidopsis Researchers,

We at the Arabidopsis Biological Resource Center are pleased to
have been serving you for the last four years.  Since our current
NSF grant is for a five-year term, we are currently preparing our
proposal to submit for renewal.  In this process it will be
important for us to show tangible benefits of the services we
offer.  Refereed publications utilizing our stocks represent one
important type of evidence.  Hence, we would like to ask that
anyone who has published research using our stocks directly or
indirectly please forward a copy of the publication (or a citation
of the publication) to us.  Descriptions/documentation of other
types of applications of the stocks are also welcome.

In 1994, ABRC and NASC conducted a direct mail campaign to obtain
new seed stocks, with published mutant strains being the major
target.  This campaign was extremely successful, and we are
gratified to report that we have experienced an increased donation
rate since then. Given this encouragement, the ABRC is planning
another such campaign. However, we would like to remind potential
stock donors that NOW IS THE PERFECT TIME to send stocks so that
they can appear in next year's catalog.  The donation process is
as simple as "A,B,C!" A) Send the seeds; B) Watch for the donation
form we will send to you by email; and C) Fill out and return the
completed donation form.  If you act now, your stocks will appear
in the next catalog.

DNA stock donations are also welcome, of course.  Clone donations
are solicited as the papers are published, but if you possess a
characterized clone, feel free to donate it now.  The donation
process for DNA is the same except that you should obtain the
donation form first to determine the correct physical form in
which to donate the stock(s).

New stocks are added to the AIMS database soon after they are made
available.  Ordering of stocks and locating information using the
Web server of AIMS is extremely simple, and a majority of ABRC
orders are now placed using this system.  The address of AIMS is:
http://aims.msu.edu.

If you have any suggestions or comments which you feel we should
consider as we prepare this renewal, feel free to send them by
regular mail or email (our email address is arabidopsis+ at osu.edu).

Sincerely,

Randy Scholl
Keith Davis