Updated Map

David W. Meinke meinke at OSUUNX.UCC.OKSTATE.EDU
Wed Sep 27 03:56:35 EST 1995

Dear Colleagues:

Attached is a final draft of the updated genetic map of Arabidopsis.
Please send me a message immediately if you notice any serious errors
or omissions.  Thanks to the many people who responded to my general
mapping survey.  I am still updating the comprehensive linkage table
and will make it available as soon as it has been completed.

**Updated Classical Genetic Map of Arabidopsis**

Restricted to Genes Identified by Mutation.
Updated September 26, 1995.
Prepared by David Meinke

First column = Chromosome number.
Second column = Estimated location.
Third column = Name of genetic locus.

[*] = Mutant genes localized first on RI map with molecular markers.
Approximate location on classical map subsequently estimated by:
(Location on RI map) x (Length of classical chromosome) / (Length of RI
chromosome).  Additional uncertainties are therefore associated with
the map locations of these [*] genes.

CAUTION:

GENE LOCATIONS ARE ROUGH ESTIMATES BASED PRIMARILY ON
RECOMBINATION DATA INVOLVING 2-POINT CROSSES.  THE RELATIVE
ORDERS OF CLOSELY-LINKED GENES ARE LARGELY UNKNOWN.

1     0   SUS1
1     0   AN
1     1   RGN
1     1   CER1
1     3   EMB233
1     4   FUS5*
1     6   EMB173
1     9   POM1*
1    10   ABA3
1    11   AXR3
1    11   RPS5*
1    11   EMB176
1    12   EMB142
1    12   FHA
1    12   DET3
1    12   ALB1
1    12   AXR1
1    13   SEX1
1    14   KEU
1    14   CHL1
1    16   PHYA
1    19   DIS1
1    19   TWN2*
1    21   EMB30
1    22   MP
1    22   GA4
1    22   GAI
1    23   DW1
1    26   PDS1
1    26   EMB43
1    27   EMB232
1    27   EMB10
1    29   EMB131
1    29   EMB127
1    29   LEC1
1    31   EMB260
1    32   PFL
1    33   CHS1
1    33   TH1
1    33   GI
1    35   ACT1
1    35   TRP4
1    39   STM
1    42   EMB88
1    45   DIS2
1    45   TED2*
1    46   UFO
1    46   CAL
1    49   EMB126
1    51   RAC1
1    55   TT1
1    56   CHL3
1    58   CH1
1    62   AXR4
1    62   EMB22
1    66   LE
1    66   EMB27
1    69   RPP7
1    69   EMB118
1    70   ABA2
1    70   AIN1
1    70   CER5
1    71   EMB244
1    76   EMB80
1    76   EMB128
1    83   ACL2*
1    84   EMB71
1    85   AS2
1    86   SUS3
1    87   CAR1*
1    88   SAB*
1    88   FAS1
1    88   FT
1    89   WAM
1    89   BUM
1    89   CLV2
1    90   DOC3
1    92   EMB41
1    92   SMA4*
1    93   ETR
1    96   CER6
1    97   EMBRG2
1    99   EMB179
1    99   AP1
1   100   CRC
1   100   EMB25
1   102   EMBRG3
1   103   PIN
1   105   IAR1*
1   110   EMB54
1   110   CLV1
1   111   EMB17
1   113   EMB120
1   114   ADH
1   115   BOT1*
1   115   EMB156
1   116   NIA1
1   116   SUS2
1   118   GL2
1   119   GA2
1   122   FE
2     0   EMB34
2     4   STI
2     7   EMB93
2    11   EMB62
2    14   EMB58
2    16   EMB146
2    18   EMB57
2    24   TAG1
2    25   IAE1*
2    28   FVE
2    31   PHYB
2    32   CHL2
2    34   CP2
2    42   GUN1*
2    43   CLV3
2    43   ELF3
2    44   ER
2    44   HY4
2    44   HY6
2    45   POM2*
2    46   FUS12*
2    46   RTN*
2    47   EMB152
2    49   ABI5
2    49   PY
2    50   LAN
2    54   EMB53
2    54   FAD3
2    56   RXC1*
2    56   COP1
2    58   PID
2    59   RE
2    60   DET2
2    60   GRL
2    60   AS1
2    61   EMB18
2    61   EMB101
2    62   AUX1
2    62   ABI4
2    63   EMB49
2    63   EMB225
2    64   EMB111
2    66   EMB38
2    67   FIL*
2    70   SUL
2    71   VAR2
2    72   CER8
2    73   CPC*
2    73   EMB39
2    83   FPA
3     0   EMB145
3     1   ILR1*
3     2   QRT2*
3     3   EMB52
3     4   DOC1
3     4   PDS2
3     5   EMB1
3     6   EMB286
3     7   RPM1*
3     8   FAD7
3    11   DGD1*
3    12   HY2
3    12   SPY
3    13   COP10*
3    14   EMB51
3    16   FAD5
3    16   FUS9
3    17   EMB153
3    17   OMR1
3    17   VRN1*
3    19   MTO1
3    20   FAD2
3    23   EMB201
3    24   EMB29
3    24   EMB95
3    26   DWF1
3    27   PHO1
3    27   MS2
3    28   EMB90
3    30   EMB224
3    32   CHM
3    33   AXR2
3    35   SUP
3    35   EMB125
3    38   ABI3
3    41   FUS3
3    46   GL1
3    52   RPP13*
3    53   UVR1
3    56   COG1
3    59   VAL1
3    60   EMB65
3    61   NPH1
3    62   RPT*
3    63   EMB167
3    64   RPP11
3    68   ACD1
3    70   CSR1
3    73   EMB69
3    74   EMB172
3    75   EMB149
3    77   FK
3    81   TT5
3    81   AP3
3    84   CHS
3    84   EMB117
3    85   EMB133
3    85   EMB154
3    87   TIR1*
3    87   FUS6
3    88   CER7
3    90   TRP3*
3    96   TT6
4     0   FRI
4     5   GA1
4     9   EMBRG7
4    10   HY4
4    11   CSI
4    15   BP1
4    18   EMB132
4    20   EMB160
4    20   DET1
4    22   FUR1
4    22   TT8
4    22   EMB178
4    27   EMB171
4    27   EMB148
4    28   CP1
4    29   COP9
4    31   CN
4    32   FCA
4    33   EMB236
4    34   TH3
4    34   EMB137
4    37   ARA1
4    37   RPP5
4    38   RPP4
4    39   EMB81
4    39   EMB109
4    40   ALB4
4    41   EMB230
4    42   AG
4    44   CH42
4    44   EMB181
4    45   RPP2
4    46   EMB130
4    48   IM
4    50   EMBRG5
4    50   RML1*
4    52   EMB140
4    52   CER2
4    52   GA5
4    53   FAD6
4    54   EMB20
4    55   FWA
4    55   RPS2
4    55   ABI1
4    55   ACL1
4    55   EMB106
4    56   DRG*
4    57   EMB56
4    58   TOR1
4    58   EMB35
4    58   EMB28
4    59   EMB77
4    60   EMB42
4    61   CER4
4    62   EMB107
4    63   EMB104
4    63   ELG
4    64   FD
4    66   CUD*
4    68   AP2
4    68   ACD2
4    68   SPT
4    69   FAD4
4    73   CP3
4    76   CER9
4    76   CBB2*
5     0   CTR1
5     1   PTL
5     1   EIN2
5     1   EMB24
5     2   TFL1
5     5   EMB166
5     6   EMB256
5     6   TT7
5     6   EMB175
5     8   HY5
5     8   CHP7
5     8   FLC
5     9   EMB163
5     9   EMB68
5    10   LU
5    10   TRP5*
5    11   AMT1
5    12   EMF1*
5    12   FY
5    13   TT4
5    13   CO
5    15   TFL2*
5    15   ALF4*
5    15   ANL1
5    15   ALB2
5    16   EMB262
5    20   FUS11*
5    20   TSL
5    20   EMB213
5    21   PI
5    22   CHL6
5    23   ADD1*
5    23   MS1
5    23   EMB40
5    23   EMB86
5    27   EMB2
5    28   TTG
5    31   EMB222
5    33   GA3
5    35   SU
5    36   DOC2
5    39   EMB161
5    40   EMB215
5    40   TNY*
5    43   CH5
5    43   CUE1*
5    44   TT2
5    47   TH2
5    48   HCF109*
5    50   BEL1
5    51   EMB139
5    53   GL3
5    56   FAS2
5    56   EMB141
5    56   RPP8
5    57   CAD1
5    57   TT3
5    59   EMB9
5    60   EMB170
5    62   ALS1*
5    62   FUS4*
5    63   PGM
5    64   ATS
5    64   FUS8
5    65   VAR1
5    68   ALF3*
5    69   EMF2*
5    69   TT10
5    70   EIR1
5    71   GR2
5    71   EMB64
5    72   LIT*
5    74   BIO1
5    77   TZ
5    79   EMB67
5    79   TOC1*
5    80   COB*
5    82   CER3
5    82   LFY
5    82   EMB209
5    83   ETO1
5    85   EMB87
5    85   YI
5    85   EMB15
5    85   REV*
5    86   PRC1
5    90   MIN
5    90   EMB16
5    98   ABA1

-----
David W. Meinke
Department of Botany
Oklahoma State University
Phone: 405-744-6549
FAX:   405-744-7673

Original Email Address Has Been Changed.
Please Note Updated Email Address Below:

meinke at osuunx.ucc.okstate.edu