cotyledons

Hirokazu Tsukaya h33171 at M-UNIX.CC.U-TOKYO.AC.JP
Tue Apr 9 19:59:23 EST 1996

Dear netters,

Dr. Michel Herzog wrote:
>Dear Netters,
>I would like to find informations and/or references concerning the
>expansion of the cotyledons in germinating Arabidopsis : is it only due to
>cell expansion or cell division and expansion?
>Thank you for your help.
>Michel Herzog

We are studying leaf morphogenesis in Arabidopsis, and published a paper on
the expansion process of the cotyledons of Arabidopsis in 1994. Reference is:

Tsukaya, H., Tsuge, T., and Uchimiya, H (1994) The cotyledon: A superior
system for studies of leaf development. Planta 195: 309-312.

We are now studying morphological mutants of cotyledons. If you have any
question on it,
please feel free to contact with us.
By the way, for the genetic regulation of the process of expansion of true
leaves, Tsuge et al.,
will be published in Development. I hope this information is helpful for
your demand.

Thank you.

Hirokazu Tsukaya
.