Ending of AtDB's Gopher services

David Flanders flanders at GENOME.STANFORD.EDU
Thu Aug 8 16:18:51 EST 1996

This is to announce that the Gopher services provided by the Arabidopsis
thaliana database (AtDB) project at Stanford University are being
terminated.

We aim to make all AtDB's services available via the Web and recently
announced full-Web access to the "classic" ACEDB-based database.
Similarly, we have converted all our Gopher-based services into Web pages.
This has made our Gopher server superfluous and so we are discontinuing
it.

Services previously only available via Gopher, but now in user-friendly
Web-format include genetic-map, CAPS-marker, codon-usage and tables and
the Compleat Guide (protocols). All of these, and more, may be accessed
from AtDB's home page at:

	http://genome-www.stanford.edu/Arabidopsis/

David Flanders
AtDB Curator