microwave sterilization- help?

David Flanders flanders at GENOME.STANFORD.EDU
Mon Aug 19 19:56:42 EST 1996

On 19 Aug 1996, Andrew J Cary wrote:

> Hi,  A few years ago I had heard that there was a procedure to sterilize
> Arabidopsis seeds using a microwave.  I can't remember where it was from.
> Does anyone use this method successfully? And if so could you tell me
> how?
> Thanks    Andy

An easy way to find out if a subject has been aired previously on the
Arabidopsis bulletin board is to Search through the newsgroups archive.

This can be done from the AtDB home page at URL:

	http://genome-www.stanford.edu/Arabidopsis/

Simply click on the "BioSci Archive" button and enter, e.g., "microwave",
as the search term. This brings back several hits, one of which is from
August of last year and includes the following sentence:

"Anyone who is interested in the protocol and a lengthy discussion about it
on this newsgroup should look it up in [A]AtDB by typing the search query
"microwave"." !

David Flanders
AtDB Curator