New ABRC Stock List

Randy Scholl scholl.1 at OSU.EDU
Mon Aug 26 16:02:34 EST 1996

The 1996 Arabidopsis Biological Resource Center catalog is now
being shipped.  We are mailing copies to all individuals who
received the 1995 catalog. This year's catalog is in the form of a
supplement to the 1995 catalog, so that the two volumes together
represent our complete list of currently available stocks.  We
have already added all of these new stocks to AIMS and also posted
the electronic version on our second web page (address,
http://aims.cps.msu.edu/aims/).  If you wish to use the electronic
version rather that receive the hard copy of the catalog, please
let us know.

We are always pleased to receive new seed and DNA stocks.  We are
currently processing a number of interesting new stocks, some of
which will be released soon.  When this occurs,we will make
announcements on this newsgroup and in Weeds World.

Here are brief descriptions of the categories of new stocks
included in the new stock list.

Seed Stocks:

1.  approximately 100 new mutant lines
2.  new ecotypes and background lines
3.  mutants from the A.R. Kranz/AIS collection
4.  T-DNA transformed lines from C. Koncz
5.  enhancer and gene trap Ds transposon lines from
        Drs.V.Sundaresan and R. Martienssen
6.  mapped Ds transposon lines from the B. Baker laboratory

DNA Stocks:

1.  nearly 100 new individual clones
2.  RFLP cosmids from the Goodman laboratory
3.  ARMS clones from the T. Schaeffner laboratory
4.  YAC libraries from J. Ecker (yUP) and CNRS (CIC)
5.  BAC libraries from R. Creelman,R. Wing and associates(TAM)
6.  two-hybrid library from A. Theologis