nuclei isolation for flow cytometry

Tobias Baskin baskin at BIOSCI.MBP.MISSOURI.EDU
Tue Aug 27 12:51:00 EST 1996

Greetings,
          Anyone have a protocol for isolating nuclei for subsequent flow
cytometry? I would be particularly interested to hear about a procedure to
use on root tissues, including mature regions of the root. We are hoping to
measure DNA content of the nuclei, and we are looking for a complementary
method to the  microscopical methods that we are now using.

        Thanks in advance,
                        Tobias

       ___     ____   ^         ____        _____    Tobias I. Baskin
      /   \   /      / \       /    \      /        University of Missouri
     /    |  /      /   \     /           /        Biological Sciences
    /___ /  /__    /_____\   /           /__      109 Tucker Hall
   /       /      /       \  (          /        Columbia, MO 65211 USA
  /       /      /         \  \        /        voice: 573-882-0173
 /       /____  /           \  \____/ /_____   fax: 573-882-0123