GUS antibodies: answers

Andreas Bachmair bachmair at S1.BOTANIK.UNIVIE.AC.AT
Tue Dec 3 03:39:05 EST 1996

Dear netters, last week I asked for commercially available antibodies to
GUS. Here are the answers:

Clontech and Molecular Probes used to have anti-GUS antibody in their catalog.
The Molec. Probes Ab was polyclonal (rabbit, I guess). I do not remember about
the one from Clontech. Of course monoclonal would be much nicer.

Hope this helps.

Stan Vitha
Ohio State University, Plant Biology
1735 Neil Avenue, Columbus OH 43210
tel# 1-614-538-1796    fax# 1-614-292-6345

Try Clontech. They carries the antibody.

Fure-Chyi Chen
NPPI
Taiwan

A good source of GUS antibody is 'Molecular Probes' (Eugene, Oregon
1-800-438-2209 in the US, or Leiden, The Netherlands).  Sorry, I don't have
their European 1-800  number handy.  Their antibody is good for Western,
immunofluorescence, immunoprecipitation, etc.  I have not heard many
positive comments about GUS antibodies from other sources.

Good luck,

Albrecht von Arnim

Dept. of Botany
The University of Tennessee
HBB 437
Knoxville, TN 37996-1100
Phone: (423) 974-6206

Andreas,

check die emails in der Gruppe (in AtDB in Stanford), da sollte was stehen,
da dies tatsaechlich vor nicht allzu langer Zeit gefragt wurde.

Dr. Tony Schaeffner
Institut f. Biochemie
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet Muenchen
Feodor-Lynen-Str. 25
D-81377 Muenchen
Germany
Fax    +49-89-7401-7314
phone  +49-89-7401-7311
email  schaeff at lmb.uni-muenchen.de

(this message indicates that the question of GUS antibodies was brought up
before on the net)

Thanks to all contributors !

        Andreas Bachmair
        Inst. of Botany
        Univ. of Vienna
        Rennweg 14
        A-1030 Vienna Austria
        Tel.: (+43) 1 79794 174
        Fax:  (+43) 1 79794 131
        e-mail: bachmair at S1.botanik.univie.ac.at