Plant gene expression vector

Byeong-ha Lee byeongha at POWER1.SNU.AC.KR
Tue Dec 3 20:40:34 EST 1996

Hello, Dr. Jim Beynon;

The Following is citation from 'methods-and-reagents' news group.

Date: 28 Mar 1996 17:51:16 -0800
From: Masashi Ugaki <ugaki at>
To: methods at
Subject: Re: Plant Expression Vectors

We have constructed a series of plant expression vectors and they are
freely available on request.  They have:
1) Several different length and numbers of CaMV enhancers
2) CaMV core promoter
3) TMV omega translation enhancer
4) phaseolin intron
5) unique restriction sites for gene insertion
6) nos or 35S terminators

We checked expression levels of all these constructs using both transient
(tobacco protoplasts) and stable (tobacco and rice transgenics) expression

Data has recently been published in Plant Cell Physiol. 37, 49-59 (1996).

If you want a reprint, please let me know your snail mail address and I

will send it to you.

Masashi UGAKI
National Institute of Agrobiological Resources
ugaki at
Phone: 81-298-38-7442
Fax: 81-298-38-7408

Hope this helps you.
Good Luck,
Byeong-ha Lee                   You Can Reach Me Through....
Lab. of Cell Biology               Internet: byeongha at POWER1.SNU.AC.KR
Dept. of Biology                   Phone   : +82-2-871-9549 (Lab.)
Seoul National University                    +82-2-876-4056 (Home)
Seoul 151-742, South Korea         Fax     : +82-2-872-6881