GFP in Agrobacteria

C. S. Prakash Prakash at ACD.TUSK.EDU
Thu Feb 15 08:21:44 EST 1996

In our experience, GFP is not expressed at detectable levels in
Agrobacterium or the E. coli with the CaMV 35S promoter. Perhaps it
requires a stronger or bacteria-specific promoter.   Does your GFP has a
ribosome-binding site?

>I replaced GUS in pBI121 with GFP.
>As you know, pBI121 has 35S CaMV promoter which
>can be active in Agrobacteria.
>
>But I cannot see Green Fluorescence in GFP-transformed
>Agrobacteria by UV irradiation.
>
>Can Anyone help me?
>Any Advice will be appreciated.

C. S. Prakash                Phone     (334) 727 8023
Tuskegee University          Fax       (334) 727 8552
School of Agriculture        Email:    Prakash at Acd.Tusk.Edu
Tuskegee, AL 36088. USA