Help with Differential Display

Oswaldo Costa e Silva FB5A111 at rrz-cip-1.rrz.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Feb 19 09:11:16 EST 1996

Dear Netters:
We have been working for a while now with DD in our lab.  We struggled at
the beginning to set up the technique but are confident now that we can
reproducibly show, through DD, differences in gene expression in our system
(we are working with a particular maize mutant in the anthocyanin
biosynthetic pathway).
However, we have not been able to show differential accumulation of the
corresponding mRNA's to our cloned fragments.  We have used Northern blots
as well as 32P labelled cDNA's to probe Southern blots of the cloned
fragments; a technique which is advantageous considering the large number of
differentially amplified bands.
I would be very grateful, if anyone could give us some ideas and suggestions
on how to solve our problem.
I will post a summary of the answers.
Thanx.
Sincerely,