help - suggestions needed

CHRIS DAHL crd8212 at vms1.tamu.edu
Thu Feb 29 00:26:00 EST 1996

Greetings!
   My name is Chris Dahl and I am an undergraduate in the Wildlife and
Fisheries Science department at Texas A&M.  I am currently working on a project
that will be sending DNA up on the space shuttle.  For part of our experiments
we intend to look at the effects of cosmic radiation on naked DNA.  We would
also like to look at protected DNA.  Specificly we are interested in sending up
arabidopsis seeds.  We would like to be able to grow the seeds and look both at
the DNA of young plants and the phenotype of the plants.  I am wondering if
someone might suggest a strain that would have a visible phenotypic marker that
could be used to gauge damage to the seeds.  If you have any suggestions, or
any questions, feel free to email me.

Thank You in advance-
Chris Dahl
crd8212 at acs.tamu.edu