inhibitors of RNA & protein synthesis.

Chris Town cdt2 at PO.CWRU.EDU
Wed Jan 3 13:35:12 EST 1996

I would like to inhibit new gene expression in some experiments designed to
investigate the inducibility of a hormone conjugation system.
I would appreciate advice of the effectivenss of traditional eukaryotic
inhibitors such as actinomycin D, alpha-amanitin, cycloheximide.
Test material will be seedlings in suspension.
Do these compounds work? What concentrations? How effective?