GA mutants for teaching

Carol Auer CAUER at canr1.cag.uconn.edu
Thu Jan 18 15:29:26 EST 1996

Hello

I am teaching plant physiology labs and would like to include the use
of some GA mutants.  The ABRC catalog offers some lines and I would
like advice on the best mutants for the following:

1. studying the role of GA in seed germination (GA deficient lines
which require GA treatments for germination)

2. studying the role of GA in plant height and growth (short vs. tall
mutants which respond to sprays of GA or paclobutrazol)

Also, I would like to know the concentration and duration of
treatment with GA needed for those lines which have trouble
germinating.

Thanks for your help.  If you have conducted such a lab excercise,
please share your experience.

Carol Auer
Dept. of Plant Science
Univ. of Connecticut