chromosome 2 YAC physical map

Howard Goodman goodman at FRODO.MGH.HARVARD.EDU
Mon Jan 29 15:59:09 EST 1996

Dear Arabinetters:

We are pleased to announce the availability of a YAC physical map of
chromosome 2 of Arabidopsis thaliana.  The map was developed using the CIC
YAC library and includes 73 YACs.  The chromosome is represented by four
contigs.  A paper describing the map is in press in Genome Research (Cold
Spring Harbor Laboratory Press), and in addition a series of images
depicting the map have been placed on our web server.  You may access the
map through our new web page:
http://weeds.mgh.harvard.edu/goodman.html.

For those of you who might be interested in obtaining some of our new
cosmid probes which are on the map, we are in the process of preparing them
to send to the Ohio State stock center and we will post an announcement to
this user group when they have been sent.

Howard
Howard M. Goodman, Ph.D.
Chief, Department of Molecular Biology
Massachusetts General Hospital
Professor of Genetics, Harvard Medical School
Department of Molecular Biology
Massachusetts General Hospital
50 Blossom Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02114