The 16th IPGSA meeting

Eddy Jakobovits eddyjake at sciweb.com
Fri Jul 19 01:56:15 EST 1996

Yuji Kamiya wrote:

> This is the first circular of the 16th International Plant Growth
> Substances Meeting in Makuhari
> Chiba, Japan in 1998.
> The first circular is also available on our home page.
> http://frpphf.riken.go.jp
>
> INVITATION
> The organizing committee of the 16th International Conference on Plant
> Growth Substances invites the participation of all persons interested in
> any aspect of plant growth regulation.
>
> VENUE AND DATE
> The 16th International Conference on Plant Growth Substances will be held
> at the Makuhari Messe (Nippon Convention Center, International Conference
> Hall) Chiba, Japan from August 13-17, 1998.
> The nearest international airport to Makuhari Messe is the New Tokyo
> International Airport (Narita). The messe is approx. 30 min. drive from the
> airport by Limousine Bus. It is also 30 min. by train from Tokyo Station.
>
> ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
> Nobutaka Takahashi  (Chairman)
> Hidemasa Imaseki
> Akira Isogai
> Hajime Iwamura
> Yuji Kamiya
> Masayuki Katsumi
> Makoto Konnai
> Yoshio Masuda
> Ken Monma
> Noboru Murofushi
> Akira Sakurai
> Hiroh Shibaoka
> Kazuo Shinozaki
> Yasutomo Takeuchi
> Isomaro Yamaguchi
> Hisakazu Yamane
> Takao Yokota
> Koichi Yoneyama
> Shigeo Yoshida
>
> SCIENTIFIC PROGRAM
> Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry and Physiology of
> Plant Growth Substances
>
> PLENARY SESSIONS
> Each plenary session, one per day, will consist of one 40-min presentation
> and three 30-min talks.
>
> 1.      Hormone Perception and Signal Transduction.
> 2.      Hormones and Cell Morphogenesis.
> 3.      Hormone Biosynthesis and its Regulation
> 4.      Role of Hormones in Defense Responses
>
> REGULAR SESSIONS
>
> Regular sessions will consist of 4 to 5 invited talks (30-min. talks). The
> 12 sessions will be distributed with four concurrent sessions each day.
> Some talks will be selected on the basis of poster abstracts by each
> session organizer.
>
> 1.      Hormonal Regulation of Gene Expression.
> 2.      Role of Hormones in Membrane Function.
> 3.      Hormones and Cell Division
> 4.      Hormones and Cell Wall Dynamics
> 5.      Hormones and Cell to Cell Communication
> 6.      Hormonal Regulation of Vegetative Growth and Development
> 7.      Hormonal Regulation of Reproductive Growth and Development
> 8.      Metabolite Transport - Source and Sink Relationships
> 9.      Hormones and Environmental Responses
> 10.     Hormone Biosynthesis and Metabolism
> [...]

Just a note to let you know that SciWeb, a new web site at:
http://sciweb.com will list meeting announcements on the site to the
Life Science community - announcements go up for free. We also list post
doc and technician openings for free and faculty positions for
$50/posting. We keep the ad up for two months unless requested
otherwise.

If you are interested, just write to: eddyjake at sciweb.com and send the
text of the post and the contact information. We will get it up within a
day for you.

SciWeb is a central repository of information and communication services
to the life science industry. SciWeb offers free access to useful
databases, employment listings, web directories, public discussion
groups and data services aiding the life sciences, the pharmaceutical,
medical diagnostics and the biotechnology industries. SciWeb provides
services for the design of web sites for interested groups and offers
low cost computer hosting facilities for secure web sites.

For more info, reach us at eddyjake at sciweb.com.

Dr. Edward B. Jakobovits, Ph.D.