glucanase source

Ricardo Azpiroz azpiroz at U.ARIZONA.EDU
Tue Mar 5 13:17:30 EST 1996

Zymolyase, an enzyme used by yeast people, may be satisfactory. You can
get it from ICN. There's a highly purified beta 1-3 glucanase known as
oxalyticase, which is rather expensive, and sold by some company whose
name I forgot. Actually, you would have to use oxalyticase, since
zymolyase does contain variable amounts of protease.
On 2 Mar 1996, Amie
Franklin wrote:

> I am looking for a source of purified or partially purified beta 1-3 glucanase
> (callase) that is free of proteases, lipases etc. I am doing immunocytology on
> maize meiocytes and I want to process the tissue in a defined manner that
> doesn't damage internal cellular architecture.
>
> Thanks,
> Amie
> amief at candelab.berkeley.edu

Ricardo Azpiroz