Basta selection in vitro

c.pullen at AUCKLAND.AC.NZ c.pullen at AUCKLAND.AC.NZ
Wed Mar 20 19:58:40 EST 1996

Hi,  I'm thinking of using a binary vector carrying the Basta resistance
gene for selection of transformants from vacuum infiltration of
arabidopsis.

So, I was wondering if anyone has successfully used basta for in vitro
(on agar plates) selection of basta resistant arabidopsis seedlings?  If
you have had succes, what concentration of basta gave good selection.
I'm thinking of selecting on plates containing - MS salts, B5 vitamins,
Fe/EDTA, 10% sucrose and agar.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

Carly Pullen