genetic segregation

Judy Brusslan bruss at csulb.edu
Mon Mar 25 19:01:43 EST 1996

I am in the process of analyzing a number of Arabidopsis mutations.  I
have been crossing them to WT, and looking at segregation of the F2.  For
one mutant
one F1 plant produced F2 seeds that had 25% mutants, a perfect
single nuclear recessive ratio, while another F1 produced F2 seeds that
had 10% mutants.  Germination frequencies were equal, nearly 100% for
both seed batches.  Should I consider my mutation an SNR?  Has anyone had
similar experiences?  Judy Brusslan, Cal State University, Long Beach