DNA measurement whole mounts

Group.NRaikhel 22693MGR at MSU.EDU
Thu Mar 28 09:21:34 EST 1996

Greetings,
          I wonder if anyone out there is measuring relative DNA contents
in whole mount preparations with fluorescence microscopy? Or if anyone
knows of a reference for this? I am interested in measuring relative DNA
content of cells of the root cortex. I do not want to extract nuclei and do
flow cytometery, because I need to know the exact position of the sampled
nuclei.
        Thanks very much,
                        Tobias Baskin

       ___     ____   ^         ____        _____    Tobias I. Baskin
      /   \   /      / \       /    \      /        University of Missouri
     /    |  /      /   \     /           /        Biological Sciences
    /___ /  /__    /_____\   /           /__      109 Tucker Hall
   /       /      /       \  (          /        Columbia, MO 65211 USA
  /       /      /         \  \        /        voice: 573-882-0173
 /       /____  /           \  \____/ /_____   fax: 573-882-0123