Bt gene for sweet potato transformation

Edward A. Weck weck at ripo1.iaea.or.at
Thu May 9 11:23:25 EST 1996

I am forwarding the following message for a colleague in Peru.

Any ideas?		Cheers!		Ed Weck

Dear Ed:

I am very much interested in doing some work on Sweetpotato
transformation,
and insect resistance is a major tool. I would like to do some direct
transformation using biolistic approaches, shooting embryogenic callus.
For this work will be interesting to use a B.t. genes (which produces
endotoxins for the control of coleopteran). Maybe you can help me in
obtain
for research porpoises only, a suitable B.t. construction for this work.
I am convinced that incorporation of insect resistance into sweetpotato
cultivars will be a grade impact to solve losses of production in this
crop, important for many African and Asian countries.

Bye,

Antonietta.

Dra. Antonietta Gutierrez-Rosati    Home:
Centro de Investigacion en          Av.La Molina 2135,
Recursos Geneticos y                Sol de La Molina, Lima 12-
Biotecnologia Vegetal               Peru.
Universidad Nacional Agraria        Telefax: 00 51 1 4792866  Dpto. de
Biologia                         E-Mail:Angel at amauta.rcp.net.pe
P.O.Box.456 La Molina
Lima 12, Peru
Tef:00 51 1 4352035 anexo 272

Ed Weck
Plant Breeding and Genetics		e-mail: weck at ripo1.iaea.or.at
International Atomic Energy Agency		fax : 43-1- 20607
Wagramer Strasse 5, P.O. Box 100		phone : 43-1-2060-21626
A-1400 Vienna,  Austria