IGF-BAC filters available

Thomas Altmann altmann at mpimp-golm.mpg.de
Thu May 9 08:02:28 EST 1996

Dear Colleagues,
I am pleased to announce that our Arabidopsis BAC-library (IGF-BAC library)
has now been integrated fully into The Reference Library Database (RLDB)
und Das Ressourcenzentrum / Primaerdatenbank (RZPD) des Deutschen
Humangenom Forschungskonzeptes associated with the department of Prof. Hans
Lehrach at the Max-Planck-Institut fuer molekulare Genetik, Berlin. This
will allow you to order filters and individual clones under the regulations
of the RLDB (for further information please check the www page,
http://rldb.rz-berlin.mpg.de). This basically will require to submit to
RLDB information about the probe used for the identification of the clone
requested, which will be integrated in our ongoing BAC-mapping project.
Upon request individual information will be kept confidential for up to one
year.
>In this way, 9216 clones of the IGF-BAC library are available from now on. =
>set of 9216 clones is spotted in duplicate in 3 x 3 arrays on one filter. T=
he
>clones of our library that has been prepared from partially EcoRI digested
>Col-0 DNA have average insert sizes of 100 kb (=84 80 % of the clones carry
>inserts fo 80 to 120 kb). To our experience from over 100 individual
>hybridizations, this set of 9216 clones represents 6 to 7 Arabidopsis genom=
>equivalents and up to now all probes used identified positive clones.

As the preparation of the filters causes costs for labour and material, you
will be charged a fee according to the following list upon ordering
filters.

List of the prices incurred for BAC library filters:

P1, BAC & PAC library filter sets

            Europe                       USA/Canada          Rest of World
      EC            Non-EC
DM 490(465+25)   DM 1060(975+85)      DM 1060(975+85)      DM 1150(1020+130)

Clones identified by hybridisations are free but after the first request
mailing and administrative costs are charged per posting.

            Europe                        USA/Canada         Rest of World
      EC            Non-EC
    DM 35           DM 110                  DM 125               DM 155

Please send your filter requests to me and I will forward them to the RLDB.

With best wishes,

Thomas Altmann
IGF Berlin, MPI-MOPP Golm

Thomas Altmann
Max-Planck-Institut fuer molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie
Karl-Liebknecht-Strasse 25, Haus 20
14476 Golm
Germany

phone: ++49-331-9772780