mitochondria isolation

Thu May 16 15:33:07 EST 1996

On 16 May 1996 cdelpozo at SAMBA.CNB.UAM.ES wrote:

> I would need a quick an efficient method to isolate intac
> mithochondrias from Arabidopsis to measure a enzymatic activity, but
> at the same time I must not detect this activity in the citoplasmic
> phase.
> Thanks in advance
Check out the Meth Enzymol. volumes at the nearest Univ. Library. There
are a lot of protocols there for isolation of organeles and subsequent
marker assays for validating the the identities of different fractions.

			  Hiranya S. Roychowdhury
   			  Plant Genetic Engineering Lab.
			  Box 3GL, NM State Univ.
			  Las Cruces, NM 88003