promoter analyses

blab at blab at
Tue May 21 12:07:53 EST 1996

In article <4npse8$7j1 at>,
bcgsc01 at (Allgemeine Genetik) wrote:

> We are desperately searching for a site or a program which can identify
> putative promoter elements in a given DNA-sequence.
> Does anybody know of such a site or program ?
> Many thanks
> Hans M. Rupp
> Dept. General Genetics
> Univ. Tuebingen, Germany

We use the FindPattern command contained within the GCG sequence analysis
program.  Of course, you must create a file containing the consensus sequence
elements which you suspect may be present or are interested in finding.
Information on how to create this file is fully explained in the Help.
Don Nelson
dnelson at