vacuum infiltration with AGLI

Jimmy Botella J.Botella at botany.uq.edu.au
Wed May 22 01:42:24 EST 1996

Hi everyone!

I am trying to set up the in vivo transformation system in arabidopsis
using the vacuum transformation method. I have used Landsberg for my
first two experiments with the agro strain AGLI and the vector pBI121
(35S-GUS-NOS). The result is: the plants are looking miserable and most
of them are dead three days after infiltration. The control plants that
were infiltrated with water are doing great so it is not an excess of
vacuum what is killing the plants. In the protocol that I have (posted by
Andrew Bent in Jan '94) they use the agrobacterium strain GV3101pMP90.

Is it so important the choice of strain for this vacuum infiltration
method?

Is Landsberg the best choice or should I use Columbia?

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!!!!
--

                         '''''