mutagenesis

shapiro at MENDEL.BERKELEY.EDU shapiro at MENDEL.BERKELEY.EDU
Fri May 31 14:43:55 EST 1996

I'm planning a mutagenesis of Arabidopsis seed, and I would like feedback
on what is considered the optimum number of M1 plants from which to pool
seed in order to get bulked M2 seed for screens.  I'd greatly appreciate
suggestions from those who have experience with such screens.  Also, is
there a good way to titrate ems mutagenesis in the M1 generation, or are
looking for M2 segregation for albinism or seedling lethality the optimal
methods?

Thanks in advance

Allan Shapiro