Weeds World deadline reminder

plzmlh at vax.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk plzmlh at vax.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Nov 4 12:14:55 EST 1996

Subject: Call for submissions to Weeds World
From: Mary Anderson

Dear Arabidians,

Just a quick reminder that the deadline for Weeds World is

                 27th NOVEMBER 1996

Weeds World, the international Arabidopsis Newsletter, is a forum for the
publication and sharing of developments with the research community.
Any information relating to Arabidopsis research is welcomed for
publication.

PLEASE NOTE  that the dealine  is two days later than previously
advertised.I have shifted the date as essential system management will be
occurring on our machine between the 20-22nd of November,
which could cause an intermittent disruption to our on-line service.
I would recommend not trying to deposit files for publication
during this time.

Weeds World is available from three WWW servers- connect to the server
nearest to you.

http://nasc.nott.ac.uk:8300/   (Nottingham, UK)
http://genome-www.stanford.edu/Arabidopsis/ww/home.html   (Stanford,CA,USA)
http://probe.nalusda.gov:8300/ww/home.html  (NAL, Belstville, MD, USA)

HERE IS A REMINDER OF HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR INFORMATION.

HOW TO FORMAT TEXT FILES
Start each article with a title and the name and address of authors.
Arrange the text into clearly defined blocks of paragraphs.If images
or tables are to be included, please indicate where you wish them to
be placed.

Articles will not be refereed but some editorial control will operate.

Please indicate whether you wish your piece to be considered for
inclusion in the Plant Molecular Biology Reporter.

HOW TO PREPARE IMAGES
Images can only be accepted as image files (preferably GIF or JPEG
Files), the one exception being cartoon line drawings. If you wish to
send an image and don't have a local computer guru to help prepare
the file contact me at arabidopsis at nottingham.ac.uk for help. Line
drawings must be of high quality with thick lines and high contrast.
Scanning is very labour intensive and we shall only be prepared to
do one or two scans per edition, so try and send your pictures as
image files.

HOW TO SUBMIT ARTICLES AND IMAGES
Text files can be sent by email to arabidopsis at nottingham.ac.uk,
please put "Weeds World Article"in the subject line of the message.
 Try and keep as much formatting as you can when sending text files
as this will make the production editors job much easier.  If your
article contains some fancy formatting, please send a hard copy of
your article to : Mary Anderson, Nottingham Arabidopsis Stock
Centre, Dept of Life Science, Nottingham University, University
Park, Nottingham, NG7 2RD, UK.

Files can also be sent on disc (either Mac or PC compatible) along
with a hard copy of your article to the address above.
Sorry, but we will not be able to return discs.

For those of you who are comfortable with ftp, text and graphics
files can be sent by anonymous ftp to nasc.nott.ac.uk Please place
your articles in the pub/incoming directory. Send me an email
to let me know that you have placed your article on the server
so that I can move it for inclusion in the newsletter.

ANY QUESTIONS?

If you require any further information, please contact
Mary Anderson, arabidopsis at nottingham.ac.uk