PGEC Web Site for Genome Sequencing

AT theo at mendel.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Nov 12 18:30:56 EST 1996

Subject:  PGEC Web Page for Arabidopsis Genome Sequencing

From:     A. Theologis

To:       Arabidopsis Community

     The Plant Genome Sequencing Laboratory at the PGEC created in my lab a
few months ago is pleased to announce the establishment of its web site at
the following address:

http://pgec-genome.pw.usda.gov

We will post information at this site regarding our progress on sequencing
part of Chromosome 1 in collaboration with the Stanford Genome Center and
the University of Pennsylvania (the SPP Consortium).  Lists of (a) BACs
selected for sequencing during the first year, (b) M13 libraries
constructed for sequencing, (c) and BACs currently sequenced at the three
SPP sites, and other useful information, are now available at this site.
In addition, our progress on sequencing the YAC Y8H12 is also available.

Our policy for data release and how it can be accessed is also posted at
this site.  Hyperlinks to the sites of the other two SPP members are also
possible through this site.
--

               i|JJLL|i			A. Theologis
               | @  @ |         	Plant Gene Expression Center
              {i  ||  i}           	U.C. Berkeley and U.S.D.A.