Intron-independent genes

Alan Rose abrose at ucdavis.edu
Fri Nov 15 17:48:02 EST 1996

In a classic example of Murphy's law, our email server went down just after
I posted my question about intron-independent genes (repeated below),
losing most incoming messages for the next two days. If you responded to my
original message and did not get a reply from me, please send your response
again. Sorry for cluttering up your mailbox.

Alan

I am looking for Arabidopsis genes whose expression is not influenced by
the presence or absence of introns. For instance, GUS fusions to either the
TCH3 or Cor15a promoters give similar GUS expression if GUS is fused
upstream or downstream of endogenous introns. Are you aware of any other
examples, published or unpublished, of intron-independent Arabidopsis
genes? Thanks in advance.

Alan Rose
Molecular and Cellular Biology
UC Davis