RFLP frequency?

N.Yoshida m03149 at wrsun1.mipec.co.jp
Sun Nov 17 21:44:39 EST 1996

I am trying to map some genes using Col and Ler.
I would like to find RFLPs between these ecotypes efficiently.
Could anyone have answer or comment to following questions?
I would appreciate any replys.
Thank you

1.How often can you find RFLPs when you test a few enzymes(6 bases cutter)
 for a probe(1-10kb).
 I would like to ask the same question regarding CAPS(0.5-2kb) with 4-5
 bases cutter enzymes

2.When I can not obtain any RFLPs with a few enzeymes, I try more enzymes
  or longer prebe. Any other strategies can be taken?

YOSHIDA,Nobumasa
Bioscience Laboratory, Mitsui Petrochem.Ind.LTD
TEL:+81-8275-3-9211    FAX:+81-8275-3-8811
E-mail:yoshida at mipec.co.jp