First BAC sequence from the TIGR Arabidopsis Sequencing Project.

Steve Rounsley rounsley at TIGR.ORG
Tue Nov 19 12:09:28 EST 1996

Dear Arabinetters,

WEB SITE NEWS

I would like to announce the new updated web pages for the Arabidopsis
sequencing project at TIGR.  The URL:
        http://www.tigr.org/tdb/at/at.html
now is a branch point between the genome sequencing project and the EST
assembly project.

The features available at our web site will be extended in the future, but
currently we are posting updates on sequencing progress, and presenting
full annotation of the completed BAC sequences.  Any comments are welcomed.

FIRST COMPLETED BAC SEQUENCE

I would like to inform the community that we have submitted to GenBank the
complete annotated 114kb sequence of our first BAC clone located on
chromosome II in the region of the marker TEn5.  Hopefully this accession
will be released into GenBank in the next few days after NCBI has generated
the accession.

In addition, you can find the sequence and associated annotation at our web
site by following links present in the "Completed" column of the Sequencing
Status table.
I plan to make periodic postings to this newsgroup to announce submission
of sequences if the community feels this would be helpful.

We will be presenting a detailed explanation of the annotation issues at
our web site in the near future.

please contact me with any comments you may have...

Steve Rounsley
rounsley at tigr.org