vacuum needed? (replies)

Niki Robertson niki_robertson at ncsu.edu
Tue Nov 26 11:08:29 EST 1996

Dear Netters,
I posted a query about the value of a vacuum for seed transformation.  I
was not the only one who had heard this rumor, but I think it may be
nothing more than a rumor.  Only one person responded who had actually
tried it and her results are included below.  Thanks Nicole!
Niki Robertson

I tried and it works but the frequency is very low ( 1 transformant for
100 plants deeped in a concentrated agro suspension) and not repeatable.
The
vaccum is necessary to a good frequency.

nicole

Nicole BECHTOLD
INRA
Station de Genetique et d'Amelioration des Plantes
route de St Cyr
78026 VERSAILLES Cedex
tel: 33 1 30 83 30 15
Fax: 33 1 30 83 33 19