Faculty Positions

Mark Estelle mestelle at sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
Wed Oct 2 13:36:55 EST 1996

TWO FACULTY POSITIONS
DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGY
Indiana University, Bloomington

MOLECULAR BIOLOGY/BIOCHEMISTRY:  The Department of Biology invites
applications for a faculty position in the area of Molecular Biology and
Biochemistry.  We seek candidates working on any system(s), prokaryotic
or eukaryotic.

DEVELOPMENTAL BIOLOGY:  The Department of Biology invites applications
for a faculty position in the area of Developmental Biology.  We seek
candidates studying developmental mechanisms in a eukaryotic system and
taking a genetic, cell biological, and/or evolutionary approach.

For both positions we seek candidates with strong records of research
accomplishment and both positions may be filled AT ANY RANK, from
Assistant to Full Professor.  Successful candidates will be expected to
pursue vigorous, independent research programs and to contribute to the
department's teaching.

Applications should include a curriculum vitae and a statement of
research plans.  Candidates at the Assistant Professor level should also
arrange to have three or more letters of recommendation forwarded to the
search committee.  Applications received by November 1, 1996, will be
assured of consideration.  Applications for the Molecular position
should be sent to the Molecular Search Committee, Department of Biology,
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405, while applications for the
Development position should be sent to the Development Search Committee
at the same address.

For more information about the department, see our home page:
http://www.bio.indiana.edu.  Indiana University is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and strongly encourages women and
members of minority groups to apply.