cheap MUG

shapiro at MENDEL.BERKELEY.EDU shapiro at MENDEL.BERKELEY.EDU
Fri Oct 11 18:48:25 EST 1996

Dear MUG users,

        Rose Scientific has just started marketing
methylumbelliferylglucuronide (MUG)--the fluorescent substrate for
B-glucuronidase.  The list price is $160/gm (for comparison, less pure
stuff from SIGMA sells for $380/gm), but I just got a quote today which I
agreed to put over the net for them.  They will sell Arabidopsis
researchers MUG at $70/gm.  The quote number is o1196AH01--use this number
when ordering.  This was arranged with Ahamed Hussein at Rose, who is the
same person with whom Chris Somerville had arranged a deal on X-gluc
several years ago.  Rose's number is 800-661-9288.  Parenthetically, I am
not employed by Rose or receiving any kickbacks from them.  I'm posting
this solely as a service to other Arabidopsis researchers.

Allan Shapiro