transgene nomenclature

Jeff Leonard leonardj at
Tue Oct 15 20:15:31 EST 1996

Is there an accepted genetic nomenclature for transgenes? e.g. if
a plant is hemizygous for A, the shorthand designation A/+ is not
technically correct. Is there another symbol to designate lack of the
transgene? Additionally, I have seen it called the null allele but
some people take exception to that use. Any references or comments
greatly appreciated.

Jeff Leonard

More information about the Arab-gen mailing list